Des Moines Performing Arts just announced their 2014/2014 season…and it’s awesome! Below, some excerpts from the press release they just sent.
WILLIS BROADWAY SERIES
Des Moines Performing Arts is offering a five-show season ticket package for the Willis Broadway Series. The 2014-2015 Willis Broadway Series Season Ticket Package includes:
- KINKY BOOTS (Jan. 27–Feb. 1, 2015at the Civic Center) – Current winner of six 2013 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, KINKY BOOTS is an inspirational story that follows a struggling shoe factory owner who works to turn his business around with the help of Lola, a fabulous entertainer in need of some sturdy stilettos.
- PIPPIN (Feb. 24–March 1, 2015 at the Civic Center) – Current winner of four 2013 Tony Awards, including Best Revival of a Musical, PIPPIN tells the story of a young prince on a death-defying journey to find the meaning of his existence.
- JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT (Nov. 18–23, 2014 at the Civic Center) – Retelling of this blockbuster family musical about the trials and triumphs of Joseph, Israel’s favorite son.
- MOTOWN THE MUSICAL (Dec. 2–7, 2015 at the Civic Center) – Broadway’s wildly popular musical, now on its first national tour, features more than 50 classic hits and follows the true story of Motown founder Berry Gordy’s journey from featherweight boxer to heavyweight music mogul.
- RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA (July 14–19, 2015 at the Civic Center) – Current Tony Award winner for Best Costume Design,RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA will delight audiences with its contemporary take on the classic tale.
In addition to the five-show package, a strong line-up of series add-ons is also programmed. The add-ons include:
- EVITA (Aug. 21–23, 2014 at the Civic Center) – Returning to the Des Moines Civic Center after 20 years for only four performances, Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award winningEVITA follows the story of Eva Perón, who used her beauty and charisma to rise meteorically from the slums of Argentina to the presidential mansion as First Lady.
- THE BOOK OF MORMON (Jan. 6–11, 2015 at the Civic Center) – Saying “hello” again after its first wildly popular run in Des Moines in 2013, nine-time 2011 Tony Award winner THE BOOK OF MORMONis a completely original musical telling the story of two mismatched missionaries sent to Africa to spread the word.
- AUDRA MCDONALD IN CONCERT(Feb. 21, 2015 at the Civic Center) – In collaboration with the Des Moines Symphony, Des Moines Performing Arts will present one night with AUDRA MCDONALD in concert, cultural icon and five-time Tony Award winner who will perform classics like I Could Have Danced All Night and Moon River.
- DISNEY’S THE LION KING (April 28–May 17, 2015 at the Civic Center) – Wowing Des Moines Civic Center audiences in 2006 and 2009, perennial Broadway favorite THE LION KINGmakes its third triumphant return. All ages will embrace the rhythms of the African Pridelands and an unforgettable score including Elton John and Tim Rice’s Oscar®-winning song Can You Feel the Love Tonight and Circle of Life.
SEASON TICKET PACKAGES
Only season tickets guarantee the best seats at locked-in prices. Renewals and new orders for the Willis Broadway Series season ticket packages are on sale now and start at $155 for the five-show package. The Dance Series season ticket packages will be available to order in June and will start at $50 for the three-show package. The Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield Family Series season ticket packages will be available to order in July and will be $27 for a three-show package.